What is the N.E.W. MHC?
A membership organization, open to individuals and organizations who align with the mission and vision of the organization.
A self-sustaining, accountable organization that focuses on the consumer of mental health services and moves our community forward.
What the N.E.W. MHC is not:
The N.E.W. MHC does not deliver services. We exist to connect service providers and other key stakeholders who work with consumers to create dialogue that leads to greater collaboration and the improvement of mental health services in the community.
We are not a mechanism through which individual member organizations seek to get more patients.
We are not a granting organization, but rather we are a group that will seek grants by encouraging collaboration among service providers, and supporting joint grant seeking opportunities.
Our core functions:
- Connecting key stakeholders
- Enabling communicating and collaboration
- Creating and reinforcing a vision for our community
- Understanding community needs and current state
- Building capacity
- Researching best practices, and bringing those to our community
Our funding comes from membership and sponsor fees, as well as well as grants for support of infrastructure and program.
Work in progress, as of September, 2011:
- 24/7 crisis response
- “No Wrong Door” – training, and technology-related infrastructure
- Support of school-based programs (funded by United Way as the PATH program)
- PCP Education