“Lead the collaboration of community stakeholders to
create and continuously improve
an exceptional mental health system of care”
“A community that is mentally well and stigma-free”
We will achieve our vision by:
Fostering and encouraging collaboration among key stakeholders in mental health. This includes, but is not limited to mental health providers, primary care providers, law enforcement, educational institutions, consumers, family members, consumer organizations, counties, funders, and others.
Through collaboration, we will break down barriers that inhabit access, impair navigation, create stigma, or otherwise impede our forward progress as a community:
We will ensure there is no wrong door to the right mental health services.
We will ensure that community members have an effective 24/7 crisis safety net.
We will ensure that all health care providers, including primary care, are in an integrated care system that gets people to the right level of care at the right time.
Because of our collaboration, we will be able to seek and receive philanthropic support that strengthens our community.
The Fox Cities will look different:
- We will have the lowest rate of disability due to mental illnesses in the nation.
- We will have the lowest rate of substance abuse in Wisconsin.
- We will have less violence.
- We will have more productive employers, because our workforce will be mentally healthy, substance free, and have a lower rate of absenteeism.
Our core functions:
- Connecting key stakeholders
- Enabling communication and collaboration
- Creating and reinforcing a vision for our community
- Understanding community needs and current state
- Building capacity
- Research best practices, and bringing those to our community