Middle-aged men are at the highest risk of suicide. At this event, our keynote speaker, Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas, and other presenters will provide a learning opportunity tailored to women designed to build awareness of the high risk of suicide to middle-aged men, eliminate the stigma of mental illness, and teach the signs of depression and anxiety. We will discuss QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer), the evidence-based practice of suicide prevention, and provide tools to develop workplace plans.
- Saturday, March 19, 2016
- Fox Valley Technical College, Appleton
Room E130 and The Commons, entrance 10 (west parking lot)
- 8:30 am-12:30 pm
- Registration/check-in: 8:00 am
- Resource/Information Booths: 8:30 am-9:30 am
- Keynote Presentation: 9:45 am-11:45 am
- Q & A until 12:30 pm
- Cost: $10.00
- Preregister at womenssymposium.eventbrite.com
Preregistration preferred; walk-ins welcome
Download flyer here.
Presented by Prevent Suicide Fox Cities and the Zero Suicide Community Initiative