Sexual Assault Crisis Center-Fox Cities, Inc.
|Location:||Sexual Assault Crisis Center-Fox Cities, Inc., and will require some travel within Outagamie and Calumet Counties|
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
This is a part-time 20 hours/week, temporary position. The start date is May 15, 2017, and anticipated end date is October 6, 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes assessments and determines the needs of clients who have a wide range of mental health issues, develops treatment plans, and provides appropriate treatment for such clients.
- Provides individual, couple, group and family therapy on behalf of individuals and families experiencing significant trauma symptoms due to past or current sexual assault.
- Consults with and provides clinical consultation to other professional staff in completing assessments and providing treatment.
- Provides crisis intervention, assessment and crisis management services for clients experiencing sexual trauma.
- Confers with other agencies or institutions serving clients to monitor and coordinate services.
- Maintains appropriate case records containing pertinent, accurate and current information; prepares correspondence, reports and other records as required.
- Participates in community events and meetings as necessary.
- Participates in grant writing as it pertains to your specific program.
- Assists in responding to crisis calls when necessary. In addition, may be assigned to perform crisis on-call duty.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling, or a related human services field. Two to three years of clinical experience in a therapeutic setting providing therapy to families and children; or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience working with trauma or sexual assault victims preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, clearly, concisely, accurately and to establish a therapeutic relationship with clients.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to satisfactorily perform the following functions or demonstrate the following skills including: provide individual, couple, group and family therapy; make independent decisions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, other agencies and the public;
- Ability to apply laws of confidentiality appropriately. Demonstrates the ability to interpret, support and uphold the standards, ethics and boundaries of the counseling profession.
- Professional enthusiasm to stay current with industry best practices.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to walk, and operate office equipment manually. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The Sexual Assault Crisis Center – Fox Cities is a federal- and state-recognized Sexual Assault Service Provider (S.A.S.P). The Center’s mission is to transform lives by providing crisis intervention, advocacy and counseling for individuals and families affected by sexual trauma and exploitation, at no cost. We are committed to addressing the diverse needs of our community by providing education and raising awareness to create a safer Fox Valley.
Send resume with cover letter and salary history to:
Amy Flanders at firstname.lastname@example.org