STAFF COUNSELOR – COUNSELING SERVICES
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean of Students for Health and Wellness
LOCATION: Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center
Provide counseling, programmatic outreach, and related services to Lawrence University students. Consult with campus constituents and local mental health providers as needed. Work closely with other staff members with an integrated health and wellness office to provide comprehensive care to the students of Lawrence University.
1. Provide culturally-sensitive assessment and counseling services to students. Offer individual, couples, and group counseling to meet wide range of students’ mental health and developmental needs. Knowledge and experience using time-sensitive counseling is preferred.
2. Offer consultation to the college community, local and students’ home mental health providers, campus Health Services staff and others.
3. Apply experience working on prevention, assessment and treatment in areas such as eating disorders, trauma, substance abuse, self-harm and stress.
4. Develop and implement outreach programs and training sessions.
5. Provide support during campus crises and participate in de-briefing following incidents.
6. Participate in after-hours duty rotation schedule.
7. Participate and represent Counseling Services on student affairs and campus-wide committees as appropriate; represent the College in community-wide initiatives as time allows and as directed by supervisor.
8. Attend conferences and seminars as part of professional development activities; continue to enhance professional skills and remain current regarding best practices in counseling field.
9. Ensure accurate and timely record-keeping including counseling notes.
10. Work collaboratively with other staff in Counseling Services, contracted doctors and other health care providers.
11. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Associate Dean.
Will work collaboratively with Health and Wellness staff colleagues; Student Affairs staff; contracted physicians; staff in Student Academic Services; faculty, staff and students; local health and mental health professionals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Counseling or closely-related field required.
2. Licensed (or eligible to be licensed within one year of hire) in State of Wisconsin as a mental health professional.
3. Ability to assess the mental health needs and provide services in a time-limited fashion.
4. Proven knowledge of and commitment to the highest legal and ethical professional standards.
5. Experience and demonstrated competence in both individual and group counseling with diverse populations including, but not limited to domestic and international students of color, LGBTQ+ students, and students of various ethnicities, cultures, and religious backgrounds.
6. Competency and commitment to the awareness and appreciation of identity intersection.
7. Ability to work independently, but also as a strong collaborator within a multi-disciplinary and integrated health and wellness team.
8. Strong interpersonal skills including listening, writing, and oral communication abilities.
9. Strong consultation skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
10. Ability to perform well under stress and in emergency situations.
11. Knowledge and experience of college student development preferred.
12. Word processing and computer skills.
1. Must have successful completion of criminal record check, driving record check (where applicable) and reference checks.
We encourage candidates from diverse communities constituted by race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation to apply. Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its staff and the viewpoints and approaches that a diverse community represents. See https://lawrencecareers.silkroad.com/lawrenceuniversity/About_Us.html for more information about Lawrence. All candidates are encouraged to address in their letters of application the ways in which they could contribute to Lawrence’s institutional mission and commitment to diversity.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Chaps Academy, Inc., a Mental Health clinic that provides counseling and equine-assisted therapy, is currently looking for a licensed full time Mental Health Therapist with at least 5 years of clinical experience to lead our Adolescent Day Treatment program in our Shiocton clinic.
Job Posting: Clinical Day Treatment Program Manager
- Ongoing development, quality assurance, utilization review and day to day operations of our current adolescent day treatment program.
- Orientation, supervision and development of the day treatment staff.
- Responsible for the Day treatment budget. State licensure and clinical accreditation of program. Ensure compliance with W/DHS 40 standards.
- Also will be expected to work two days in direct services (group therapy) with day treatment clients. Ability to handle crisis situations.
- Communicate/maintain positive relationships with referral sources.
- This person will be an intricate part of the leadership team at Chaps working very closely with the Outpatient clinical leader and the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Licensed Profession Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Work with at least 5 years of clinical training/experience in the Behavioral Health field.
- A problem solver with a strong clinical background and the ability to work effectively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Experience in building, leading and engaging teams.
- Equine –assisted therapy a plus.
If interested in this position please send your resume to:
Chaps Academy, Inc.
N5367 Mayflower Road
Shiocton, Wi, 54170
Attention: Joan Hutchison, Executive Director